Re: 2.2.12 Oops

Radovan Garabik (garabik@atlas02.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk)
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 21:30:46 +0200

On Tue, Aug 31, 1999 at 06:08:48PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > it did emergency sync on Alt+SysRq+S, but afterwards it did not react to
> > anything (neither Alt+SysRq)
> > I am running latest upgraded debian potato. Kernel was standard 2.2.12,
> > compiled with gcc 2.95.1, with -fno-strict-aliasing.
> > there were vmware modules loaded.
> > Network card is HP PCLAN +, procesor AMD-K6 3D.
>
> Can you duplicate this without vmware loaded

The computer is happily running after reboot... it could have been
a cosmic rays particle :-)

> > CPU 0
> > EIP: 0010:[<c505ca12>]
>
> It died in a module, which you dont appear to have symbols for. That makes
> it almost impossible to debug alas.

I had following modules loaded when it happened:
sb 34484 0
uart401 6128 0 [sb]
sound 58188 0 [sb uart401]
soundcore 2564 6 (autoclean) [sb sound]
vmnet 9384 1
vmmon 9896 0 (unused)

maybe ncpfs and smbfs, too...
What determines if I have symbols for a module or not?