Re: PATCH: Update for the serial driver.

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 15:15:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> We need to be able to do this with code too. Modules that will never be
> used in a kernel's lifetime should be discarded.

Talk to Peter Anvin. He's doing this 32-bit bootloader thing that can
actually do a complete re-link, and essentially give you all the
advantages of modules with none of the disadvantages (ie no runtime
overhead in the TLB etc).

He also has an extremely cool splash-screen right now. Whether he's ready
to release yet or not is another matter.

Linus