Re: PATCH: Update for the serial driver.

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 08:06:49 +0200 (MEST)

tytso@mit.edu wrote:
> Hi Linus,
>
> Enclosed please find updates to the serial driver versus Linux
> 2.3.15.

Theodore,

I've reviewed your patch, and "ported" it to fit into linux-2.2.x. Was
it your intention to get the patches into 2.2.x? It sure looks as if
it was "designed" with that in mind. Or do you want it to get some
testing in 2.3.x first?

Do you want me to help out on some of the declare-mutex macros? (i.e.
make the main code read without any ifdefs.)

(Instead of

#ifdef DECLARE_MUTEX
DECLARE_MUTEX(...)
#else
/* Old declaration */
#endif

we should have:

#ifndef DECLARE_MUTEX
#define DECLARE_MUTEX .... /* evaluates to old declaration */
#endif

)

Can I help by submitting the modfied version to Alan for inclusion
into 2.2, or do you want to do that yourself?

Best Regards,

Roger.

------ Microsoft SELLS you Windows, Linux GIVES you the whole house ------