Re: nfs locking problems under Redhat 6.0/ 2.2.11..

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 07:39:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Luke Miller wrote:

> using pine I get: [Can't open inbox (file /var/spool/mail/millerlu):
> not in valid mailbox format]

I use pine routinely to access mail on an NFS server. No problem at all.

> Another thing I tried was to apply the following patches to a 2.2.11
> kernel:
> linux-2.2.7-sunrpc.patch
> nfsd-2.2.7-2.lockd.patch
> nfsd-2.2.7-3.patch
> nfsd-2.2.7-nfsfh.patch
>
> And compile and install the knfsd-1.4.7 user programs and try doing nfs
> servering with that with the same resaults.

Just a WAG: The lock patches affect both client and server AFAIK. Have
you ensured that they are applied to both ends? When the mail client
fails, are you running it on a Linux box? Do the lock tests packaged with
knfsd-1.4.7 execute correctly against your server?