Re: Amanda VFAT Incremental Backups Broken in linux-2.2.1[12]

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 19:10:33 +0100

On Fri, Sep 03, 1999 at 01:23:11PM +0100, Riley Williams wrote:

> 1. If the archive bit is set, anything asking for the mtime
> gets one of the following:
>
> a. The current time.
> b. The latest of the system boot time and the ctime time.
>
> Which is chosen would depend on the exact semantics required.

I was about to suggest something like that, ((a) actually), but then I had
this strange vision of Al Viro hurling rocks at me ;-) And so I thought I'd
keep quiet <g>

--
"Water?  Never touch the stuff!  Fish fuck in it."
                -- W. C. Fields