Re: 2.2.10: Oops in advansys driver

Douglas Gilbert (dgilbert@interlog.com)
Mon, 06 Sep 1999 13:34:51 -0400

Jens Axboe wrote:

> Arthur Jerijian wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The Advansys driver in 2.2.10 oopsed on my twice today as I moved to a new
> > mainboard and CPU. Here is the output from ksymoops:

> It may sound odd, but appears to be conincidental that you got the
> oops after having moved to a new system. You probably have more
> memory now, right? This is an old bug - scan_scsis calls
> scsci_init_malloc
> and doesn't check if whether it returns a valid address. I know Douglas
> Gilbert did some hacking on this, but I don't know if his work made
> it into the 2.2 series as well?

The changes to check scsi_init_malloc() returned value are
in both 2.2.12 and 2.3.16 . My guess is that they were
probably in 2.2.11 as well. So it probably isn't an
Advansys driver problem.

On the subject of Advansys, Bob Frey is currently in the
final testing phase of an upgrade to that driver which will
handle the ABP3940U2W adapter (and fix problems reported
over the last year).

Doug Gilbert