Re: tcpdump

Florian Heinz (sky@skyper.tmag.de)
Wed, 08 Sep 1999 11:59:38 +0200

"Gerhard.Stegmann" wrote:

> hello everyone...
> i'm not quit sure if this is the right place, but anyway i try it :-))
> the question is :
>
> what is wrong when tcpdump spits out lines like this :
> 10:21:38.700000 0.40.162.65 > 64.0.127.6: (frag 23205:-36@63512+) [tos
> 0x34] [ttl 0]
> 10:23:19.430000 truncated-ip - 94 bytes missing!0.40.60.126 >
> 64.0.127.6: (frag 10052:92@63512+) [tos 0x34] [ttl 0]
>
> i've recompiled it under the current config, together with libcap....

do you try to dump an ippp-device? that doesn't work... afaics the
problem is, that the incoming isdn-packets captured have already
ppp-headers stripped, but outgoing haven't (or was it the other way
round?). I don't know for sure whether it's the libpcap's fault or the
kernel-implementation of sync-ppp, but i guess it's the latter...