Re: 2.2.12: serial driver swapping characters?

Dag Brattli (dagb@cs.uit.no)
08 Sep 1999 20:07:50 +0100

The Doctor What <docwhat@gerf.org> writes:

> I have similar problems with my palm. I use pyrite, but the symtoms are
> the same (wierd packet error, and then everything else bombs). Ditto for
> my work machine. I haven't tried seeing what the
> modem is doing, but ppp has been giving me grief. It almost looks like I
> loose packets, but I never see the error light go on (unless I upload, but
> that's a separate problem, and has been around a while).

I'm experiencing the same problem with 2.2.12, but I'm using IrCOMM which
emulates serial port communication over IrDA (infrared). IrDA is however
using a CRC for each packet, so I don't think this has anything to do with
the serial driver. So it may instead be something above, and probably the
line-discipline (not that I have looked at the code there).

-- Dag

--
   / Dag Brattli                   | The Linux-IrDA Project               /
  // University of Tromsoe, Norway | Infrared communication for Linux    //