Re: I vote for updated RAID and KNFSD

dstein@phoenixcontact.com (mingo@chiara.csoma.elte.hu)
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 11:34:59 +0200 (CEST)

On 9 Sep 1999, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> The RAID code is considered stable (and even more stable than the old
> version), so there's no reason from a stability point of view not to
> include it.

the RAID code has too much generic impact to be included into 2.2 - it
modifies the buffer-cache layer. Furthermore, it breaks the MD API
(intentionally), which breaks old utilities. It's clearly too late to be
included in 2.2, and thats the end of the story. This is mainly a problem
for me only anyway, because i have to maintain the patches separately. 2.3
is a different issue, but there is still some stuff to be cleaned up
before the merge is ready - i'm working on it.

-- mingo