Re: Integration of pcnet_cs into drivers/pcmcia

David Hinds (dhinds@zen.stanford.edu)
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 09:55:04 -0700

On Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 11:36:19PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> hi!
>
> So my wish for 2.4 came true: pcmcia is integrated in kernel. Here is
> my help: integrating pcnet_cs (and fixing minor bugs I noticed at the
> point). It works for me and I think it is the right thing.

> #ifdef CONFIG_PCMCIA
> pcmcia_init(); /* Do this last */
> +#ifdef CONFIG_PCMCIA_PCNET
> + init_pcnet_cs();
> +#endif
> #endif

Can't the new module init code be used to avoid having to hack up
main.c for every driver?

I'd prefer to wait a bit and do all the PCMCIA client drivers in one
go, after thinking it through, rather than piecemeal.

-- Dave Hinds