Re: Integration of pcnet_cs into drivers/pcmcia

David Hinds (dhinds@zen.stanford.edu)
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:18:41 -0700

On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 05:08:16PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Matthew Kirkwood wrote:
> > Just one point:
> >
> > > +++ linux/drivers/pcmcia/pcnet_cs.c Wed Sep 8 23:18:14 1999
> >
> > Shouldn't this be in drivers/net/ ?
>
> Nope, but it _should_ be in drivers/net/pcmcia.
>
> The "drivers/net" subdirectory is too much of a random tangle already,
> it's starting to be hard to find stuff there. A lot of the newer drivers
> go into their own subdirectories already (irda, fc etc)

I agree that this would be a sensible way of organizing the driver
tree.

I'd still want to not drop pcnet_cs in there by itself, but instead do
all the PCMCIA clients at once, after I've had time to sort out the
in-kernel-tree versus standalone PCMCIA issues. I'd rather not create
too much unnecessary work for myself.

-- Dave Hinds