Re: ESS maestro

Fri, 10 Sep 1999 16:39:18 +0200

Pavel Machek wrote:
> I asked you about ess maestro support in last mail. Now it is
> there. Wow.

Guess we must have the same 'puter :-)

I noticed Maestro support arrive days after I bought mine.. Linux is
amazing like that.

With kernel 2.3.17 I've found the driver produces sound quite reliably,
but it sounds wrong just cat'ing through /dev/audio. No big deal unless
you care about Red Hat's sndconfig.

I also found the CD player output rather quiet, and I could not change
any mixer levels either in a CD player program or with a mixer program.
I guess they're still being developed :-)

-- Jamie