Re: Cause Isolated--parport (2.3.13-18 no boot on i486)

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 22:27:53 +0100 (GMT)

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, Pete Clements wrote:

> Removing the parport directive, boots fine, runs fine.
> Looking at Documentation, would say that parport directive is correct.
> Note, machine has no pci bus.

Documentation/parport.txt cannot tell you that it is factually correct,
only that it syntactically correct. If there isn't a port at 0x378, then
'parport=0x378' is wrong.

Do you mean that you know for a fact that 0x378 is the right place to look
for the parallel port on that machine?

I haven't tried any of the recent development kernels (I've been away from
my machine for a while). I'll do that soon.

Tim.
*/