Re: Adaptec 1542 and kernel 2.2.11&12 not working?

tommiy (tommiy@ozemail.com.au)
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 08:10:08 +1000

Chris (and Alan and Andries),
I'm not sure from your last message if you are saying the code is right
or wrong (and as I have a deadline for work tomorrow I haven't got the
time to find out myself), but in the end I just changed the iobase
address in the code to match what mine was and everything is sweet
again.

#if defined(MODULE)
int aha1542[] = { 0x334, 11, 4, -1 };
MODULE_PARM(aha1542, "1-4i");
#endif

I didn't try doing a modprobe with the parameters (or did I it was late
last night) but I did try booting and passing the parameters to lilo etc
and it appeared that it was plainly ignored.

I found someone else complaining of this way back in late august I'll
have to track him down and tell him the answer as well.

Thanks for the quick replies guys much appreciated and hope its fixed
next time around... ;)