Re: IDE Expansion

Andre Hedrick (andre@suse.com)
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 19:31:17 -0700 (PDT)

SMP plus PCI-IDE cards.

For SUPER EIDE GEEKS, not me yet, you use a PCI-PCI bridge expansion card
system plus passive back planes.

If one really wanted to get stupid.........

Using the ABIT BP6 with 4 channels on board for 8 devices, plus five (5)
more ide-pci cards for 10 more channels or 20 devices, one could get a
total of 28 devices..........why.

There are several nice ide-pci cards out there, pick one.

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy