Re: compile error in 2.3.18ac3 and some misc babblings

CaT (cat@zip.com.au)
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:26:31 +1000

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 12:11:15PM +0200, David Weinehall wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, CaT wrote:
>
> > Everything is built into the kernel except for bsd compression which
> > gives an erronuous error when you try to select it to be built into
> > the kernel. It says that due to something else being a module it has
> > to be... which is wrong as nothing else is a module.
>
> If I'm not all wrong, bsdcomp wants to be a module because of some
> licensing issue or similar.

Yeah but the message given is VERY misleading. It might cause someone
someone to pointlessly look through their config to figure out which
particular option they can unset to compile that one into the kernel.

--
CaT (cat@zip.com.au)                       URL: http://www.zip.com.au/dev/null