Re: Re: Re: New Idea? Capture video settings details in Win98/etc. forXFree86 config

Jens Benecke (jens@pinguin.conetix.de)
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 21:16:32 +0200

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 09:59:56PM +0100, Jason Clifford wrote:

> > How does windows find these infos? Normally it doesn't even look for
> > it. I have yet to see a Windows fresh install that does _not_ come up
> > in 640x480x16.
> For the most part Windows gets driver config data from .inf files
> supplied as part of the driver installation.

I suspected that. So, write an .inf parser. :)

> It is not unknown for these settings to completely bollocks up a PC as
> they rarely consider that the PC will already have other hardware and
> Windows is none too good at handling conflicts.

No comment. :)

--
_ciao, Jens_______________________________ http://www.pinguin.conetix.de

You can tune a file system, but you can't tuna fish -- man tunefs