RE: NFS problem: __nfs_fhget: inode still busy

Jakma, Paul (Paul.Jakma@compaq.com)
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:18:34 +0100

Hi Trond,

Yesterday i started getting the famous "access beyond end of block device"
errors on the nfs server. I ran an fsck on all drives, and there were a lot
of errors. Once the server was back up the client booted fine again.

I don't understand what nfs stale/busy inode errors are about, so can i put
those errors down to corrupted filesystems on the server? (though they
occurred a day before "access beyond end of block device" on the server.)

regards,

Paul Jakma.
paul@clubi.ie