Re: Turning lucent winmodem into soundcard

Marc Lehmann (pcg@opengroup.org)
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 17:44:13 +0200

On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 12:26:45PM +0000, "John Hayward-Warburton (Programming account)" <linux@billabong.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I can think of several Linux news sites (and my own setup) that would jump at
> the chance of a cheap way of recording telephone interviews in reasonable
> quality.

Just use ISDN ;) It already can do that for years. To get more serious,
the bigger problem would probably be the rate control: your soundcard and
your modem will most certainly not operate at the same sampling frequency
(and echo cancellation is a big problem as well).