Re: [patch] stime/settimeofday/adjtimex SMP races (2.2.12 and 2.3.18ac5)

Ryan Murray (rmurray@cyberhqz.com)
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 12:20:42 -0700

On Sun, Sep 19, 1999 at 03:57:38PM +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Sep 1999, Ryan Murray wrote:
>
> >them by now. I'll give it another day and then try a reboot to see if
> >the processors deadlock, but for now, it looks good. Glad to see these
>
> If you don't see the set_mmss_rtc messages then you know that almost sure
> the machine will shutdown cleanly too. So basically my suggestion is to
> leave it running for a week before rebooting to do a more reliable test.

I rebooted today and found that the hwclock had warped to 2002, so there
may still be a problem...

--
Ryan Murray (rmurray@cyberhqz.com, rmurray@glenayre.com)
Software Designer, Glenayre Technologies Inc.