Re: 1000ms delay in networking stack or driver, new bug?

Oliver Xymoron (oxymoron@waste.org)
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 10:49:19 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Stephen D. WIlliams wrote:

> I am not using a Linux box to do anything directly with ISDN: I have an
> external ISDN router doing dhcp/NAT.
>
> It has been pointed out that it might be my pcmcia drivers, I'm using
> pcmcia-cs-3.0.13, or the fact that I'm using pump (which apparently has bugs
> compared to dhcpcd, the client daemon).

I've seen this after restarting networking with /etc/rc.d/init.d/network
restart. Redhat 6, hand-compiled 2.2.1[012] kernel, with nothing fancy
except firewalling. I'v also seen multiples of seconds up to 5 and 6.