Re: Apache problem with 2.2.12 (network related)

Yann Doussot (doussot@gifrance.com)
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:44:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Yann Doussot wrote:

> By the way, I have completely disabled the "KeepAlive" feature of Apache
> (KeepAlive Off), and the problem has not came back for the moment (15
> minutes ...) may be it's a bit early to draw conclusions but a least it
> seems to help (at this time 1200 open connections, 110 in SYN_RECV and
> 1000 in TIME_WAIT).

Argh things are going crazy again, but differently. I have 30
"possible SYN flooding on port 80. Sending cookies" in my kernel log, and
now Apache is refusing connections (connection reset by peer) after 5
minutes of uptime. A stop/start also fix the problem. netstat does not
show anything unsual (~1200 open connections). Anything I can do ?

Thanks for your help.

---
Yann Doussot <doussot@gifrance.com>
Grey Interactive - France - http://www.gifrance.com/
Cell: +33 6 12 71 70 03   Work: +33 1 46 84 85 00