Re: Kernel Bug 2.3.18-ac7 [ZIP drive]

Gilbert Ramirez (gram@xiexie.org)
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:58:27 -0500

> From: Richard Rak <rakr@home.com>
> Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 20:31:57 -0400
> Subject: Kernel Bug 2.3.18-ac7
>
> When I try to mount my ZIP drive, my system just hangs (keyboard still
> works).
>
> The command: mount /mnt/zip (with /mnt/zip mapped to /dev/sdc1 in
> /etc/fstab).
> The format of the Zip disk partition is ext2.
>
> My system: Dual PII-266 MHZ
> Asus P2L 97-DS Motherboard
> Adaptec AHA-2940UW
> 2 4.5 GB Ultra Wide SCSI Disks
> 1 40X SCSI CDROM (Narrow)
> 1 SCSI Internal Zip DISK (Narrow)

Just a data point here. I can use my 100 MB ZIP drive just fine with
2.3.18-ac7. However, my ZIP disk is USB. It looks like SCSI drive /dev/sda
to Linux because of the usbscsi modules. I'm using the OHCI USB driver.
I have no SCSI controller besides the usbsci module.

I mount /dev/sda4, the partition on my ZIP disk, to /misc/zip just fine
using autofs. I can list directories and copy files just fine.

--gilbert