Re: Oops report 2.2.12 w/ikd patch

Nicholas R LeRoy (nick.leroy@norland.com)
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 09:11:20 -0500

On Sep 20, 5:31pm, Ben McCann wrote:
> Subject: Re: Oops report 2.2.12 w/ikd patch

Ben..

Thanks for the reply.

> What is your compiler? There have been posts, confirmed by the EGCS/PGC
> crew, that PGCC 2.95 can't correctly compile pieces of the Xwindows
> system. If your using PGCC 2.95 then try running an Xwindows
> built with EGCS (like the Redhat 6.0 I use). Because other than the
> distribution, my system is almost identical to yours (FIC MB and K6 CPU).

The kernel was built with 'egcs-2.91.66 19990314 (egcs-1.1.2 release)',
which is what SUSE comes with.

What type of video card do you have? I'm getting desparate here. From
a tip from Alan Cox, I last night tried running X with "option noaccel",
but it still crashed. Any other ideas? I'm willing to try just about
anything. I'm going to try the absolute latest X server tonight.

-Nick

--
| /`--_   Nicholas R LeRoy      | In a world without fences, Who needs Gates?|
|      nick.leroy@norland.com   | #include <disclaimer.h>                    |
|http://www3.norland.com/~nleroy| These are my own ideas, not my employer's. |