Re: [patch] working syskonnect driver for 2.2.13pre10

Adam Fritzler (mid@auk.cx)
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 00:18:33 +0000 (UTC)

Glad its working so well for people other than me...

I was getting lots of those messages as well. Try increasing the TPL_NUM
define in sktr.h from 3 to 9. I was able to do many megabytes of
transfers without getting any of those messages (actually, I have yet to
see one after increasing that value).

Alan, if you get a chance, please increase that value in the sktr driver
for 2.2.13 (assuming you accepted my patch). I'll send you a real patch
if its easier.

I have managed to get the speed up slightly, and it seems to have
reached its limit. The fastest transfers I've gotten so far run at
exactly 1896.77 Kbytes/sec using FTP on a 3mb file to a win95 box using
the same card. Bumping the MTU up to 8000 helps transfers immensly. This
was all on a 16Mb ring, of course.

af

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Jochen Friedrich wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> > Patch also includes the multicast_list code that Jochen suggested.
>
> The new driver works OK for me and even OSPF is working (and with
> additional IPv6 patches to other parts of the kernel even IPv6).
>
> The only nitpick is that i receive lots of these in my syslog/dmesg:
>
> tr0: No free TPL
>
> Do you have any idea what may cause this? Other than this message,
> everything else works just fine.
>
> Cheers,
> Jochen

---
  Adam Fritzler
  { mid@auk.cx, afritz@iname.com}
    http://www.auk.cx/~mid/
  "Something in my systray is blinking wildly." -- DS