Re: 2.2.10/12 kernel crashes

Peter Hanecak (hanecak@megaloman.com)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:13:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > filesytems mounted from our server. crashes occured to my when working
> > under Xes but i'm not sure whether it is related to NFS while i was not
> > doing anything with NFS fs when crash occurs. but maybe it is enought to
> > done something with NFS fs few minutes/hours/... ago to trigger crash?
>
> Probably not. I think you need to actively trigger the right NFS pattern
> to kill it

another crash occured to me about 1 hour ago. i was editing 1(or 3?) small
(about 2K each) file(s) on NFS filesystem + one HTML page + images opened
from it (as file, not through HTTP). when i run script, which worked with
files on mentioned NFS filesystem, my machine stopped (total freez or
what's the proper name for it). no messages in logs and console has been
unaccesible (no responses to Alt+Ctrl+Fx, ...).

some details (do not know whether it helps): files edited were opened in
joe editors, my script uses them as input and script produces resulting
HTML page which were opened in netscape.

hany