Re: [ OFFTOPIC ] Re: The Linux Kernel Project Management System (INITIAL PROPOSAL)

Nat Lanza (magus@cs.cmu.edu)
28 Sep 1999 02:33:51 -0400

Nat Lanza <magus@cs.cmu.edu> writes:

> Look, Larry, let's make a deal. I'll stop trying to discuss this issue
> and you'll stop belittling me and telling me why anything I think is
> inferior to what you think. I'll stop questioning your product, and
> you'll stop hyping it, because by now I'm pretty sure I don't want
> it. If you can be this arrogant and insulting to me for simply
> disagreeing with you on a mailing list, I don't ever want to see what
> happens if I've used your product and end up having a real problem
> with it. I've tried to restrain myself, be reasonable, and keep the
> discussion focussed on the issues at hand. Maybe I failed and went too
> far to the side of insult, but I'd like to believe that at least I
> tried to be nice about it. I don't believe you've made any such
> effort, and I don't think you have any intention of doing so. As such,
> I don't think I have anything more to say to you about this.

In retrospect, this was too harsh. I don't want to suggest that Larry
is in any way unprofessional or dishonorable in his dealings, and I
apologize for the implication that he might allow personal
disagreements to make him so.

--nat

--
nat lanza --------------------- research programmer, parallel data lab, cmu scs