Re: [ OFFTOPIC ] Re: The Linux Kernel Project Management System(INITIAL

akpm (akpm@zip.com.au)
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:34:42 +0000

Konrad Rosenbaum wrote:
> We talk about a really _big_ OpenSource project with really _many_ backups
> all over the net. So don't talk about hypothetic cases where all the
> servers crash or some nifty admin refuses to give me the backup tapes.

Yes. The repository corruption issue is valid, but it's irrelevant
for Linux.

Linux is at much greater risk of _deliberate_ corruption (trojans), as
happened with TCP wrappers and <mumble> ftpd. The risk is low, but being
able to demonstrate that a process is in place to avoid it would be
a plus.