Re: [linux-tr] [patch] working syskonnect driver for 2.2.13pre10 (fwd)

Jochen Friedrich (jochen@scram.de)
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 17:07:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Adam,

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Adam Fritzler wrote:

> Also like to know if anyone has a non-syskonnect ISA card that works with
> this (or for that matter, let me know if you get the ISA syskonnect
> adapter working -- ISA support is untested).

Well, this is a report of running sktr on Alpha (or better an attempt to
do so :)).

> tr0: Memory not accessible for DMA

The problem is, that GFP_DMA returns memory which is OK for internal DMA
controller, but not for bus master DMA. Additionally, virt_to_bus seems to
return addresses as seen by the DMA controller, but they might not be
identical to the addresses as seen by ISA devices.

Does anyone know how to do bus master DMA in a platform indenpendent way?

Is there a way to use the sktr card without DMA_MODE_CASCADE?

Cheers,
Jochen