Re: Possible inode.c problem for EXT2

tytso@mit.edu
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:14:46 -0400

Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:17:35 +0200 (MET DST)
From: dwguest@win.tue.nl (Guest section DW)

>> Some of my messages show ASCII data in the "want=" portion of
>> the "attempt to access beyond" message.

tytso:

> Well, that means the ext2 filesystem found ASCII data in either the
> inode table or an indirect metatdata block.

I don't think so.
Look at what is printed...

OK, I assumed Mike had converted the sector number back into a block
number, but obviously, without his actually sending actual data, this
may have been a bad assumption.

The fact remains that the likeliest cause for this sort of thing is
garbage read from a inode table or an indirect metadata block, and that
to date this is usually caused by hardware problems.....

- Ted