Re: Two Oops with aic7xxx in 2.2.10

Wed, 29 Sep 1999 08:40:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Kurt Huwig wrote:

> The first oops ('oops') appears, when I have my hardware problem with my
> SCSI-disk; sometimes it is not correctly recognized by the BIOS. The
> name shows like C_N_E_ _F_4_0_s, i.e. every second character is broken,
> where '_' is a weird character.

A problem with WORD transfers. It didn't negotiate for sync
transfers properly upon startup. This is usually caused by termination
problems. However, no machine can be considered to be working if
it's over-clocked. When you over-clock the CPU (and its interface chips),
you put timing out-of-spec. All bets are off. The fact that a CPU manages
to boot an OS when it's over-clocked means nothing.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
**** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED ****
Penguin : Linux version 2.3.13 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).