Re: high load on heavy disk i/o (fwd)

Wed, 29 Sep 1999 22:09:50 +0200 (MET DST)

The FS block size is not a driver issue. The command you use (cat
/dev/zero > some_file) is an extremally high stress for the caching policy
in some Linux kernel versions. Based on the fiew information your report,
I donnot see any obvious problems related to the SCSI sub-system. Did you
look into the system log to see if some not usual messages were written
during that IO load that seems to you not normal?

Gérard.