"status error: { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }"

thx@rivalnet.de
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 01:13:53 +0200

Andre: I get this log message from time to time with the unified ide patch applied. With unmodified 2.2.12 they don´t appear (same hardware, drive and cable). It´s an IBM 25GB drive, connected to the mainboard controller (dual p3-450, UDMA33).
I saw this log message several times on the this list, eventually it´s not the cables, but some timing issue with the drivers or something similar. Or some IBM specific. Anyway, I will swap the cable and check if the messages still appear.

They usually appears during e2fsck (if not clean at boot).
The drive runs in pio mode at boot time.

the detailed log messages:

Oct 3 00:27:30 s_all@grs1 kernel: hda: status error: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
Oct 3 00:27:30 s_all@grs1 kernel: bug: kernel timer added twice at c01a1994.
Oct 3 00:27:30 s_all@grs1 kernel: hda: drive not ready for command
Oct 3 00:27:30 s_all@grs1 kernel: ide0: reset: success

The machine is the same as outlined in my first message. It´s admittedly some kind of weird and bleeding edge configuration (but I got the message with more "standard" kernels with unified ide applied, too).

Please let me know if you have any idea or experimental patch for this.

--
the online community service for gamers & friends -  http://www.rivalnet.com
* unterstützt über 50 PC-Spiele im Multiplayer-Modus