Re: Bottom halves.

John Duthie (spudgun@earthlight.co.nz)
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 20:55:23 +1200 (NZST)

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Rogier Wolff wrote:

-> Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 15:35:31 +0200 (MEST)
-> From: Rogier Wolff <R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl>
-> To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
-> Subject: Bottom halves.
->
-> Hi,
->
-> Some of you may remember that I'm working on why I'm loosing
-> characters on an UART with a 128 byte recieve buffer. I've found the
-> problem: My IDE disk blocks interrupts for a respectable time, and the
-> receive fifo trigger level was set close to the "limit". It now
-> happens acceptably infrequent, and if I unmask IRQs for my harddisk,
-> it no longer happens.

my mouse is doing this i think
but it also freezes even when -u1 on my drives ...
it jsut happens less

I suspect interupts myself
/proc/interrupts doesn't show /dev/ttyS0's interupt when X is loaded :(

I'll beta any patches if you have them ...

John Duthie