Re: ppp compression modules ?

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 21:11:19 +0100

On Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 08:20:12AM +0200, Homme R. Bitter wrote:

> Alas, for some reason there is stac for ISDNppp, but not for async ppp,
> the predictor module isn't written either, the cisco doesn't support
> ppp-deflate or bsd compression.
[snip]

> Does anyone know who is working on this?
> Are there any alpha/beta things to be tested yet?
> Are there plans to implement just one ppp that works with both ISDN and
> async?

I /believe/ the latter is happening, yes -- have a poke around in 2.3.18ish
(I haven't had time yet). It also crossed my mind as I was playing with CIPE
that a generic point-to-point daemon might be something to play with..

--
Death is only a state of mind.

Only it doesn't leave you much time to think about anything else.