Re: CDROM is and isn't mounted

Robert K. Nelson (rnelson@airflowsciences.com)
Tue, 05 Oct 1999 15:11:31 -0400

Jens Axboe wrote:

> The problem with fixing the symptom here (and in other cases) is
> that then the real bug rarely gets fixed. As has been said more
> than one time here today, tell vmware about the bug or reproduce
> it without vmware loaded and send me a way to do so.
>
> --
> * Jens Axboe <axboe@image.dk>
> * Linux CD-ROM Maintainer
> * http://www.kernel.dk

This is a difference in our definition of robustness and is not subject
to resolution here. To me robustness means working or recovering (if
possible) even when someone else does something wrong. If, instead,
your definition is working well when everyone plays by the rules, then
there is nothing to be fixed here.

In any case, thanks for your efforts on the CD-ROM module. I use your
work daily and this is the only problem I've encountered with it.

Bob

--
Robert K. Nelson
Airflow Sciences Corporation