[OT] RE: The URL to "Tour of the Linux Kernel Source"

Shawn Leas (SLEAS@videoupdate.com)
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 12:27:00 -0500

You know, the f*ck word isn't nearly as profane in non-US countries, for the
most part... Think of it as internationalization!

F*ck yeah!!!

-Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Jones D (ISaCS) [mailto:djones2@glam.ac.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 1999 11:37 AM
To: 'Tigran Aivazian'
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: RE: The URL to "Tour of the Linux Kernel Source"

> > http://netfilter.kernelnotes.org/kernel-hacking-HOWTO
>
> there is a serious problem with that document - contains a very rude
> section name (see 3.1) - rude enough to put me off reading the rest of
> the (otherwise very nice) document.

You'll probably not like the fact that the offending word usage
has increased in 2.3.x.

[root@djk-dev src]# rgrep -r -i fuck linux-2.2.12/* | wc -l
30
[root@djk-dev src]# rgrep -r -i fuck linux-2.3.19/* | wc -l
31

So by the same reasoning, are you going to stop reading
the source code too?

Though I do agree that profanity-free documentation is probably a
good thing to have. Would Microsoft (Or any other OS vendor) issue
documentation to the effect of

"Click the icon in f*cking control panel"..?

regards,

Dave.