Re: The URL to "Tour of the Linux Kernel Source"

Edward S. Marshall (emarshal@logic.net)
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 20:48:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, Tigran Aivazian wrote:
> > http://netfilter.kernelnotes.org/kernel-hacking-HOWTO
>
> there is a serious problem with that document - contains a very rude
> section name (see 3.1) - rude enough to put me off reading the rest of
> the (otherwise very nice) document.

It's not end-user documentation; it's the Kernel-Hacking HOWTO, and is
intended for use by those who hack on the kernel sources. There's 31
instances of the word you find so offensive in those sources right now,
which means you're going to run into that language whether you like it or
not.

In other words, get used to it. Noone gives a fuck. :-)

--
Edward S. Marshall <emarshal@logic.net>       [ What goes up, must come down. ]
http://www.logic.net/~emarshal/               [ Ask any system administrator. ]