RE: Ethernet Adapter support: Compaq, IBM

John J. LeMay Jr. (jlemay@njmc.com)
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 15:28:54 -0400 (EDT)

It turns out that for this specific Compaq adapter, the tlan.o module
isn't what is needed. This adapter, as well as the IBM I asked about, are
both OEM's from Intel and use the eepro100.o mod. Fair warning - I tried
the eepro.o mod and the machine hung. Had to boot in single user mode to
fix the conf.modules file!