Re: how to write get_block?

Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 14:33:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Manfred Spraul wrote:

> I couldn't find it in the POSIX standart, but at least some UNIXes don't
> allow it:

Sure. We are kinda-sorta preventing it too. But there is a windows when
both the shared mmap() and lockf() may pass (if mmap() comes first,
overlaps the memory area that was the last mmap to the unlinked file
and fcntl() happens before the file is finally removed).

OK, folks, I'm going down - 18 hours of tube time have some unpleasant
effects.