Re: Potential SCSI system bottleneck.

ishikawa (ishikawa@yk.rim.or.jp)
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 07:25:39 +0900

ishikawa wrote:

>Here is a potential performance problem uncovered
>by a set of benchmark tests.
>Namely two SCSI adaptors don't speed up raid 0/1 perceptibly
>in comparison to the performance of a single SCSI adaptor system.
>(and under dual CPU system for that matter .)
>
>Let me explain. This is lengthy containing the benchmark result, etc.
>
>A certain Mr. Sagai did a comparison of disk system performance on

Thank you for many insights especially the quantative
discussion concerning the earlier post of mine.

Please send any other tips to me.

I will summarize them and contact Mr. Sagai since
he doesn't seem to read linux-scsi / linux-kernel himself.

(I am not sure if he can assemble 4 or 6 SCSI disks for additional
raid configuration in a short time or if he can move up to 2.3.x series
easily, but one of my friends who's a college researcher may.)

Again thank you and send any hints/tips/suggestions coming.

Regards

Chiaki Ishikawa