Re: PUBLIC CHALLENGE: (was RE: devfs again, (was RE: USB device a

Stephen Frost (sfrost@ns.snowman.net)
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 09:59:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Horst von Brand wrote:

> IF a real replacement shows up, that has significant benefits for a
> substantial number of users, and which doesn't bloat the kernel, I'll use
> it gladly.

What are your feelings on the talk that's been happening with regard
to thoughts of a larger major,minor set, and a file in /proc to notify user-
land of what devices are installed, and when devices are added/removed?

Stephen