Re: Questions on CDROM support

Ian McKellar (yakk-linux-kernel@yakk.net.au)
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 23:28:18 +0800

On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 01:30:33AM -0400, Anthony Barbachan wrote:
> The other problem that I may have from a userspace utility it that I want to
> be able to force an unmount or better to allow an unmount if no files are
> currently open on the CDROM. I don't want to be called away from
> programming to find out why a CDROM from a CDROM server refuses to
> eject/open a CDROM, when the usual case is that some shell or process just
> happens to currently be in its mount directory or one of the decending ones.

As far as I'm converned this is not a desirable behaviour. Something like
lsof will allow you to work out what the offending process is. Processes
generally don't like their cwd disappearing from beneath them.

Ian

--
Ian  McKellar | Email: yakk(a)yakk.net   | Web: http://www.yakk.net/
Prefix: +61 8 | Fax/VoiceMail: 9265 0821 | Home: 9389 9162 | Work: 9380 3688