Re: hdc: IRQ probe failed(0) in 2.3.20

Bradley Baetz (bbaetz@student.usyd.edu.au)
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 22:53:05 +1000

swoop wrote:

> Just check in BIOS for disabled IRQ allocation. THis solved problem. I
> have had a USB IRQ Disabled. After enabled it worked fine.

Nope, my USB controller is enabled. Its assigning the IRQ to my AGP
video card. The BIOS has an option to assign IRQs to PCI video cards,
not AGP ones (Do AGP cards even support interrupts?) I'm going to try
commenting out the line which actually changed the IRQ, but won't have
time until tomorrow at least.

As another datapoint, when I do boot (after I make my CDROM no longer
mount on bootup), /proc/interrupts shows the correct values for my ide
controllers.

Bradley