Re: 2.3.21

Graham Murray (graham@barnowl.demon.co.uk)
12 Oct 1999 20:48:15 +0000

Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com> writes:

> Who maintains gas these days? We'll make the kernel use the 32-bit
> register to work around the gas bug for now, but it definitely IS a gas
> bug, and it would be good to get it fixed.

The problem has already been fixed in binutils 2.9.5.0.16, which I
downloaded a couple of hours ago. Using this fixes all but of the
assembler errors in arch/i386/boot/bootsect.S. (The one error it does
not fix is the one at line 404 where an "outw" should be an "outb" as
mentioned before in this list)