FW: Kernel OSS vs ALSA

Michael Cummins (mjcumm@isa.mim.com.au)
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 14:23:15 +1000

Whoops. O.K. Wrong word. Maybe I meant more features larger??

> > The sound system must be extremely flexible, and have a wide-range
> > of abilities, which means complexity. You can have one
> without the other
> > really.
>
> Not necessarily. Open ended doesn't mean complex.
Yeah, it depends on elegance of design doesn't it?
Which harks back to common sense approach. If its extremely unlikely that
multiple users will use /dev/dsp at the same time, why include protection
for it and sacrifice an elegant design?
Michael

> -Dan

The information contained in this E-Mail is confidential
and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s).
If you receive this E-Mail in error, any use, distribution
or copying of this E-Mail is not permitted. You are
requested to forward unwanted E-Mail and address any problems
to the MIM Holdings Limited Help Desk.
E-Mail: helpdesk@mim.com.au or phone: Australia 07 3833 8042.