Re: pIII Serial (or lack there-of)

Rene Chaddock (renec@zorro.adsl.pangea.ca)
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 17:22:09 -0500 (CDT)

I've known people who have gotten their car stereo stolen, and then seen
somebody else with it - but they couldn't 'prove' it was theirs (ie. they
didn't know their own serial numbers..)

Its quite likely this could happen with computers. Especially if a
company, say, wants to know the PIII ID. (they get broken into, a lot of
computers hit the black market, etc.)

Rene