Re: 2.2.12 ipv6 module counts negative usage

Matti Aarnio (matti.aarnio@sonera.fi)
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:58:08 +0300

On Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 09:39:55AM +0200, Florian Heinz wrote:
> Pierfrancesco Caci wrote:
> >
> > here it is... it's been I long time I didn't see this:
> >
> > ik5pvx@penny:~ $ cat /proc/modules
> > ipv6 99016 -1 (autoclean)
>
> I think, that's intended... if you want to be able to unload it, load it
> with
> insmod ipv6 unloadable=1
>
> Usecount will still be -1, but you can rmmod it.

... and if you do, it blows to your face!

I know, I made that 'unloadable=1' modification so that
standard base source allows kernel hackers to (somewhen)
fix the thing properly, and test it.
(I even had a cure for it a while ago -- 2.1.*)

> Florian Heinz

/Matti Aarnio