Re: compiling 2.2.13 on an INDY

Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 05:50:21 -0400

Oliver Paukstadt wrote:
> till now I did only x86-Linux.
> Now i installed hardhat on an Indy and this works fine.
> Then I took 2.2.13 and started compiling.
> It broke down during make zImage compiling init/main.c
> (mail me for getting the error-messege)
>
> Does not every Kernel-Verson compile on non-x86-Architectures??

Generally x86 is the most up-to-date, followed by PPC, Alpha, Sparc, and
ARM.

Other architectures receive less frequent updates, and you should use
that port's latest supported kernel, rather than the one downloaded from
the Linux kernel archives.

Though if someone wanted to send me an Indy...... :)

Jeff