Re: NFS got stuck on 2.3.22

Simon Kirby (sim@netnation.com)
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 14:18:32 -0700

On Thu, Oct 21, 1999 at 10:59:34PM +0200, Trond Myklebust wrote:

> > Hrm...No, it seems to still get stuck as before. "ps l" shows
> > "wait_on_page" still, too.
>
> Yup. The invalidate_inode_pages() is causing the rpciod() task to
> sleep. At the same time, it is waiting on the lock for those pages
> that are being updated by requests that are sleeping on
> rpciod(). Bah...
>
> The following should fix it. Since we no longer sleep, and since we're
> holding the pagecache_lock throughout the process, I think it should
> be safe to revert to the 2.2.x version...

Yep! This did it.

I get spammed with this all the time, however:

hm, busy page invalidated? (not necessarily a bug)

(from filemap.c:132)

:)

Simon-

[ Stormix Technologies Inc. ][ NetNation Communcations Inc. ]
[ sim@stormix.com ][ sim@netnation.com ]
[ Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employers. ]